Singing in the Rain

 'Singing in the Rain' closed on January, 26th (same day as Franci's 50th Birthday). It only ran for three weeks, one more week would have been perfect. The cast worked so hard, especially on the tap dancing, that is just seemed like it closed a week too early! I loved this show so much and I was so proud of the cast and their hard work. In particular I was impressed with Taz (Cathy), Kyle (Cosmo) and Roger (Don) and their determination to learn how to tap dance for the show. They worked their little behinds off and the result was pure entertainment! In these hard times the audience could just sit back and escape for two hours. The show was uplifting, inspiring and funny! Sally, who played Lena was just hysterical and I still catch Ivy doing her, "I can't stand him!" impersonation. Very cute. I loved the ensemble, namely Bill Brown and Josh Putnam. Katie Hulett will always be such a joy for me to watch on stage, she has such a charisma and light about her. My eyes just gravitate to her, she is awesome and I am so happy we are friends! Here are some fun memories from the show...

Here is the luminous Tazia with the charming Roger. It is funny because they had to kiss quite a bit in the show (they even cut some kissing out!) people would comment about it and how did I feel about it, etc. It is never an easy thing, but Roger and I deal with it well, you have to talk about it as a couple to keep things open and out there. Taz is one of my best friends so it was weird, but totally fine at the same time. I loved their chemistry on stage and the "You Were Meant for Me" number was one of the highlights of the show for me.
Here is Kyle and Rog, look at these two handsome men!! They were so amazing on stage tapping away and having so much fun. They also had a nice chemistry and even though Kyle is still a teenager and Roger is in his mid-thirties, I was impressed how they kept up with each other in the dancing, singing and acting, they were a good match. I loved, "Fit as a Fiddle", "Moses Supposes" and "Good Mornin".
Here is the beautiful Sally with Roger. She was a adorable and even though I wanted to play her role, I could just sit back and enjoy myself, she was always in the moment.
Here we are with Roger after the show. The kids LOVED this show, they saw it three times! I saw it five!!
Roger's sister Carol came from the East coast to see the show! The night she came we were joined by his mom, his other sister Janet and her family.

Comments