Dance Fever!

This fall Roger, Ivy, Max and I have decided to take dance lessons.
Roger caught the fever last year when he took a tap class in preparation for the Singing in the Rain auditions. He landed the role of Don Lockwood and worked his patooty off along with cast members Kyle Turman (Cosmo) and Tazia Murie (Kathy) in getting down the more advanced tap routines for the show. By the time the curtain rose on opening night audience members were blown away when they heard that the three leads had not tapped before this show. You can get a taste of the fun and hard work by clicking these links: Fit as a Fiddle Moses Supposes, and Good Morning.
As it stands I am taking adult ballet and tap. I have not taken a tap class since I was 18 and ballet since I was in my early 20's. I was a dedicated dancer in my youth, taking 14 hours worth of classes a week at the height of it, so this whole class experience has been such a joy to rediscover my love for dance and get those muscles working again. Roger is taking the adult tap class only. Ivy is taking a tap/ballet class combo for her age group and Max is involved in a more theatrical form of dance combined with singing and acting that will culminate in a production at the end of the fall, Alice in Wonderland Jr. He is playing the Mad Hatter in Act I and a Playing Card in Act II. The studio we are attending is run by my friends Maria and Heather, it is called Kidz on Stage.

So far it has been a blast and I am looking forward to improving my skills as a dancer in my 'old age'! 

Comments