A Christmas Story Opens!

Tonight was our opening night for A Christmas Story. It went very well. Ivy and Max were so excited and nervous. It was their very first show and I can't tell you how proud Roger and I are of them. They are little stars in the making! If they either do it more as a hobby or as a profession they are off to a great start. I love how each of them has had such a fun time doing this show. It helps me to remember to never take being in a show for granted. What an amazing opportunity this has been to have four of the five Dunbar's on stage at once. I mean, when will this happen again? It has been such a pleasure, although I will admit at times frustrating experience, to coach the kids at home and teach them tools of my craft. I am so passionate about the theater and it has been such a joy to have them involved in this! It is like a lioness teaching her cubs how to hunt or a farmer passing down his knowledge to his children. I am so pleased they both took this on and they have been troupers. As I look back at the rehearsal process I feel blessed that I was able to spend more time with each of them. It has helped me to get to know them better and they both are amazing individuals. Then to add the icing on the cake, I get to do a show with my husband. Granted we don't have any scenes together. But any chance to spend more time with Roger is a plus in my book. I love to watch him work and develop his character. I love to observe him with the kids and see their relationships strengthen. Now, Chester has not been left completely out of this. He dragged him along to almost every rehearsal. He sat quietly (for the most part) and did his word searches and played on the laptop. He had seen the show so much that by the time tonight rolled around he was more than happy to have a babysitter. Here's to a great opening night. We run the show for four weeks....the party has just gotten started!

Comments