110 in the Shade

 

On June 29th, I got to see Audra McDonald perform at the small Hale Theater in Orem, UT. I had gotten my ticket before I knew we were moving and I just got one, because the price was so high. But a couple weeks before the performance I was sent a promotional ticket offer and got Roger a ticket for a spankin' good deal. He was already up in Salt Lake and so I took a shuttle bus up and he picked me up and we spent the day together and then went on to Orem to see the show. It was a real treat. The show itself was very well done and Will Swenson was fun to see as Starbuck. My friend Kevin was also in the show playing File and he was great...but for me to be able to see Audra was a real highlight of my career and personal life. I learned so much from watching her on stage. She is a real artist, not just a pretty singer. She has it all going on! From the acting, to singing to physicality. No wonder she has been so recognized by her peers and has won 4 Tony's! I felt so blessed to be there and see her in such an intimate space. She is always in the moment and has such a generosity on stage. I pretty much wept the whole evening and I am so happy that my sweetheart could be there with me to share in such a special night of theater!


Comments