Exit the Body

 

This past month I have had the pleasure of being part of an ensemble cast in the farce, "Exit the Body". It is a silly, fun roller coaster of a play. I play Crane Hammond, an author who decides to spend a month in the New England countryside at a rented estate to relax and write for an upcoming TV Series. I bring along my secretary Kate and within the first several minutes that we arrive I discover, what appears to be, a dead body hanging in the closet. Mayhem ensues until the final curtain.It has been such a fun show to perform. Getting it on it's feet was not as fun for me because of all the lines I had to learn. I really don't enjoy learning lines, but once I am off-book or memorized the whole process becomes much more thrilling for me. The rehearsal process was pretty short for this show and in between taking care of my kids as a single parent this summer and getting the house ready to sell and gearing up for a big move to Salt Lake City, I had very little time to really memorize as quickly as I would have wished, SO it wasn't until the week before we opened was I finding some sort of groove. Needless to say the actual performances have been a delight!I love that this play is set in the 1960's, our costumes, hair and make-up are so much fun. I have loved working with my cast, director and crew. We all have gotten along great! Not one diva in the bunch! I will always look back on this show fondly. It may be my last show in St. George, I hope not, but it may be depending on where life takes me. If it is my last hurrah, it will be a most memorable one!

Comments