Tamari Vocal Recital Series: The Laughing Song

Okay, this was a tough one for me to post because I am WAY out of my comfort zone and attempting to sing an Aria. "Mein Herr Marquis" written by Johann Strauss Jr. from the opera Die Fledermaus is also known as Adele's Laughing Song (I just like to call it The Laughing Song). I learned this piece back in college and performed it for one of my classes and the professor's feedback was that I "acted it well". Not really what you want to hear when you are singing an Aria. After working on this with my vocal teacher Brodie, who has a classical background, he said it was as good as a well trained college student would sing it...I took that and ran with it! I love singing in this upper register and I will continue to explore this part of my voice. As I look at the video I wish I would have had more fun with it on the parts where she is "laughing", I look like I am concentrating on the notes....which would be correct...so in the future I will look like I am having more fun and just let myself go, the notes are there, they will come, just SING Tamari! Anyway, enjoy my attempt at "The Laughing Song"...

The Laughing Song

Comments