Vocal Recital 2011: I Wanna Hold Your Hand

Most of you who know me know I LOVE the Beatles. Can I hear it for George Harrison!! AH! Love them! A few years back my sister Lissa gifted me the movie and soundtrack to Across The Universe, a Julie Taymor film that was visually stunning and told the story with ALL Beatles' songs. I listened to the soundtrack so much I think I wore it out. This arrangement of I Wanna Hold Your Hand is Track 2 on disc one.

It was the first song of the night for my recital and we got started late because of a previous group that was using the space. I was a bit flustered trying to get everything set up, so I just jumped into it. I wish I would have had a moment before to get my mind in the game but as the song goes on I feel I connect with it better. Vocally it was a bit of a challenge since most of the song is sung at the approach to my first bridge. Despite the challenges and a rough start, I manage to keep things together. I love this arrangement and I had a great time singing it. Enjoy!!

Comments

  1. Where did you get the arrangement?? Sounds wonderful! Why didn't I know about this recital? Huh? Do you have any time on Friday's to do lunch?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment