First Day of Teaching

This evening I had the privilege of coaching my first vocal student! It was amazing! Afterward, I had visions of grandeur as I imagined being this young girl's vocal mentor for the rest of her life. Someone she could look up to and admire and as she went through life she would always look back with fondness. I was the one who taught her the basics and as she graciously steps onto the stage to accept her Tony Award I am the first person she thanks! haha I am not sure if it will go that far BUT it WAS the first step towards my goal of becoming a true, blue vocal coach.

I was so anxious before her arrival. I wanted everything to be perfect. I had a plan! When she arrived I was poised and ready to show her my brilliance and I noticed it was a bit hot in the studio. I walked over and turned on the ceiling fans and WHOOSH! All the music on the piano came crashing down. We giggled as we picked it up and I was humbled. I turned down the fan and instead of trying to impress, I relaxed and just had fun!

Time flew by and the next thing I knew her lesson was over...yeah, I think I am going to like this job...

I am in the process of setting up my small business and it has been a blast! Roger and I have been working side by side to figure everything out and I have enjoyed spending time with him in this capacity. My next post will go into more detail about all that, but in the meantime...I taught my first lesson!! YAY!

Comments