Recording in the Studio

I went into the recording studio this past week to make a CD for Christmas presents to family and close friends. I don't have much studio experience but I sure enjoy the time spent there and I learn so much. This time was extra special because I got to work in my friend Jay's studio up in Logan. Jay and I have known each other for many, many years (going back to my college days) and is very professional and knows his stuff. We have a great rapport and he is such a talented musician that I trust his judgement and second ear completely.

I am covering songs that have a variety in vocal styling and genres. They all carry the simple theme of "love" in all its' stages and forms. My favorite day was having my husband and kids there to record a duet with my daughter and a group song with all of them. Even my two boys who have nice voices, but don't normally sing for anyone, got involved and I feel so blessed that they conquered any reservations or fears and did this for their mom.

Here are some pics of that day:




 It was a great experience and even though most of my close friends and family know what they are getting for Christmas now, I didn't say what songs so that will still be a surprise. :)

Comments

  1. I can hardly wait for the CD to be delivered!! I'm certain it is a classic already!!! lol I love you guys and am very proud to be part of your family!!! You are awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment