At the Ballet: Swan Lake

Tonight Ivy and I had the pleasure of attending Ballet West's production of Swan Lake. What a stunning night of ballet! Act II is probably my favorite as it introduces Odette and contains the pas de deux where Odette and Siegfried fall in love and the famous Cygnets dance. During the pas de deux Ivy leans over and asks, "Is he dancing with a swan"? "Yes" "....that's weird." I went on to explain that she is a swan by day and a human by the light of the moon. So technically at this point he is dancing with a human. Haha


Ivy has some funny faces and can't seem to be serious when we take pictures, I love her sense of humor. I have no idea she is making the faces until I look at the photos afterward and depending on the situation I am laughing hysterically or upset because the moment was meant to be taken seriously. But, tonight, I didn't care. We had a good laugh. Here is a highlight:




She also says the funniest things. As soon as this costume showed up (Baron Von Rothbart...the evil sorcerer)....


She said, "I need a pair of those wings." And she was serious. They truly were stunning and I can just see her playing for hours with them on, running around the house. 

And then when the swan maidens came up out of the fog in Act IV, Ivy said, "And we need a fog machine". I know her wheels were just turning as to how she would utilize that fog machine. She was probably imagining something like this taking place in our family room:


The music of this ballet is some of the most beautiful music you will ever hear. It is truly a moving ballet. One of my favorites for sure. It was a special night spent with one of my favorite people. Love you, Miss Ivy. 

Comments