Devil Makes Three and Garrison Keillor


Roger and I had the pleasure this past summer to attend a couple concerts at Red Butte Garden Amphitheater. The first was this clever looking bunch, Devil Makes Three. They were tight. When I see bands that are accomplished musicians and great performers it is incredibly inspiring. I want to add the banjo and upright bass to my list of instruments I need to learn now. Or, just stick to that lifelong dream of being in a band with Roger and the kids. I could never bring myself to purchasing a drum set, well with a band like this, who needs drums? Enjoy a song by them below (it starts to really rock out at 1:19)





Then we attended a taping of Garrison Keillor's A Prairie Home Companion. This has been a life long dream for me. I grew up listening to this show on. Garrison is retiring this year so I got there just in the nick of time. He put on a colorful and heartfelt show. He is witty and one of the best story tellers around. He is always joined by talented musicians, and of course, Fred Newman his sound effects man. Here is a fun little gospel ditty. Enjoy! 

Comments