Songs I Love to Sing: Blue Moon of Kentucky

As most of you know, I love Patsy Cline. I honestly don't know anyone who doesn't love Patsy Cline. She is one of those artists that transcend any genre of music and is adored unconditionally. When I watch footage of her live performances I get the sense that she was an amazing person and I'd like to think we would have been good friends had the opportunity presented itself. I do not have that deep tone quality that she has, but I sing her songs not to sing like her, but to feel the joy that they bring to my soul. I can't help imitating some of her "Patsy-ism". If there is one musical I have my eye on it is "Always Patsy Cline." If I were to do that show I would work to sound more like her, but for this recording I just did my own thing and found happiness while doing it. Patsy lived in a time where songs were written and many artists covered the same songs without a second thought. I know that many of her songs were recorded by other artists before her, but there is just something special about Patsy and her interpretation of a song that makes it special and stand out from the crowd. She was one of the greats, no doubt!

Blue Moon of Kentucky

Comments