Songs I Love to Sing: The Book of Love

When I first heard this song on Peter Gabriel's album, Scratch My Back, I had to put it on repeat and just bask in it for a while. It was fun to learn that his was a cover version (the whole album is a collection of covers) of the song by The Magnetic Fields. I was gearing up to do a country/folk themed concert and felt this song could be given a "country twist". So, I figured it out on the guitar and sent it to my friend Jay Richards who made my track for me. There was a music interlude and we decided the fiddle was the best choice to again give it a more country music feel. I love the end result. Enjoy!



The Book of Love


Comments

  1. I think I've heard you sing this one before because I remember it really striking me and I fell in love with the song (and you singing it!) Love love love this one! You are great Tamari!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment