Songs I Love To Sing: To Make You Feel My Love

To Make You Feel My Love was written by Bob Dylan. I think most of us are more familiar with the covers of this song than the original. Mr. Dylan's voice can be an acquired taste, but there is no doubt of his talent as a songwriter. This song alone has been covered by countless artists. Some of my favorites include Adele, Billy Joel, and Garth Brooks. I decided to do the Adele arrangement. It was intimidating, Adele is an original and it is hard to fill her shoes in any way. But, the key was perfect for me and my intention was not to sing this song like her, but do my own thing. Since my recital had a country/folk theme I gave it a little of those flavors. One thing I love about this song is that is open for interpretation. Sure, it could be about a lover or a new relationship, but it could also be sung to someone we love who is struggling, or in my case, when I sing this song I focus on my oldest son who has Autism. I feel like this fierce mama bear who would do anything to make him feel safe, valued, and loved. Here is my rendition of this song. Enjoy!

Comments