Songs I Love to Sing: Winter Song

Ivy and I discovered "Winter Song", co-written and sung by Ingrid Michaelson and Sara Bareilles, just last year, even though it has been around since 2008. We love Ingrid and Sara as individual artists so it was cool to find a song they did together.

I love singing with Ivy! She has a natural ability for harmonies and has been able to carry her own since she was probably around five. She came to this world with some very special musical gifts. I can't wait to hear her progress in the years to come. She is still developing her vibrato, so for this song I sang with a straighter tone for a better blend. I think it is awesome that when we sing together on the melody that our voices sound like one. Having sung with my sisters for many years I know there is something to be said about genetics when trying to create that perfect blend. (think Osmond Brothers)

We did this particular recording for my sister, Annie, on her birthday. I had always envisioned that we would record it outside in the snow with candles. But, by the time we were able to film it the snow in our yard had melted. We brought it inside and did it late at night. Ivy still laughs about my candle idea, but I love the candles!! haha Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Awesome!!! I just love to hear and watch you perform. I love you. ♥️♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment