Oliver! at Pioneer Theatre Company

  Oliver! was my second production with Pioneer Theatre Company. After The Last Ship I had a five week break and then went back into rehearsals. It was a special time for me to be able to rekindle some old friendships from Utah State University, Colleen Baum and Michelle Blake. I was cast in the ensemble and given a solo in "Who Will Buy?" as the milkmaid and the part of Old Sally who reveals in the end Oliver's identity and then dies. A death scene! Every actor's dream! 


 Selfie with Howie taken for Ivy. He played Bill Sykes and was in the Christmas show with Ivy last year as the Narrator and Santa. Big jump from that into the bad guy role. 

 At one of our 10 out of 12's we got to wear our cute hats for the first time.

 This was our little Oliver Twist, Maxwell Rimington...

He wrote everyone in the cast a sweet personalized note during the run and this was mine. 

 Colleen, Me and Roger at the Opening night Party.

 A production shot as the milkmaid. That yoke was cumbersome. It was my own personal challenge to make it look effortless every night. 

 Here are my costumes for the show. Top left is Old Sally. then my favorite costume, the milkmaid, then Londoner who sees Nancy dead, the egg seller and tavern wench. 

 One of my dressers, Crystal, with the other ladies she dressed, Carol and Mandy. Two talented and incredibly sweet dressing room buddies. 

Carol and I behind Colleen as Mrs. Bedwin. I love Colleen's face in this photo.

Old Sally...I would go from the milkmaid to this...then to the Londoner every performance it was quite a task. Here is video of that transformation. Although I will say, I forgot my "H" lines the night I filmed this. Still pretty cool! 


It was a great experience and I learned a lot. I am taking a break from doing shows at Pioneer for now. It is a tough schedule, but I look forward to maybe being a part of their new season for 2017-18. until then!

Comments