Hallmark?


Around the beginning of Oct, I got quite a few audition notices for self- tapes. I did each one as they came and submitted them to my agent and then just forgot about them. Towards the last part of Oct, I got word from my agent that I had booked a Christmas movie! I was so excited. This was the first film that I had booked through the agency so I was nervous and excited for this opportunity. I arrived early on set and was greeted by the Production Assistant (basically the stage managers of film) he showed me to my trailer! 
 The room in the trailer was small but had a toilet, running water, a mirror, a small bench and a place to hang my wardrobe. I had already had a fitting with the costume designer and she had my clothes for the day in a garment bag already haning in the trailer. I was instructed to go to hair and make-up once I set my things down. 
 The make-up for film is much more subtle than theater make-up. It is mainly to cover up blemishes and subtly enhance your features. The make-up trailer was fun. The ladies were all so nice. This was the finished look.
 I had gone in prepared with my lines memorized and I had made some choices about who my character was. I felt like a fish out of water the first couple of days. It all seemed so official and well run. I heard the first day that it was a Hallmark Film. Oh, I thought, I have heard of those. Cool! But, when I posted on social media that I was doing a Hallmark Christmas movie the comments went wild. Apparently, there is a big following of these films. I had no idea!
Then on the second day of filming, I found out that the lead girl, Alexa PenaVega, was a child star and was in the Spy Kids movie my children grew up watching. I was telling Ivy about the cast and I showed her photo of the lead guy, Jonathan Bennett, and she said, "Mean Girls". I didn't quite catch what she said. I replied, "Yeah, he is dressed up with my friend Bailey on set as characters from Mean Girls." Ivy said, "But, he IS from Mean Girls..." Oh! Haha! No clue. 
 It started to sink in how fortunate I was to be a part of this movie and how much these Hallmark Films meant to people. I had never seen one. It was all pretty magical to be involved and to meet the other actors and crew on set. I learned so much. 
 The Director, Sam, was a sweetheart and had such a positive upbeat attitude. I studied the other actors and came to see differences in film acting versus theater acting. I started to learn set lingo and came to appreciate how hard everyone was working. It was a very pleasant experience and I would do another one of these movies in a heartbeat. 
 Once the premier rolled around, my dear friend Lori hosted a viewing party at her home. There were games planned during the commercial breaks and she ended up giving Roger and me these awards when teh film ended. Such a sweet gesture. 
 Party Pics
Here we are with Lori. It was such a fun night to go along with our other Christmas Festivities. And now I have seen a Hallmark Film. 

Comments