Steel Magnolias: My Hale Breakthrough

Back in November, I tried out for Steel Magnolias at Hale Centre Theatre. I have been auditioning for Hale since 2014. I had made final callbacks but never cast. When I found out that they were bringing in more directors I was hopeful. I knew Larry West from theater circles in Salt Lake and his wife is one of my very good friends. They always say in the arts that it is who you know! Networking is very important.
 I went in prepared. I had done the show twice before. Once as Shelby and then as M'Lynn. The callbacks went very well. I felt good, but I knew that didn't mean much with this theater. I was so stoked when I got cast. FINALLY! I am now a member of the Hale Centre Theatre Family! Here is the cast with our director, Larry, and Stage Manager, Dallin, at our first read-through. 
Hale Centre Theatre double casts their shows. So, I was put in the Tues/Thur/Sat cast. It may sound like a competitive atmosphere. But, it was anything but. This theatre nurtures their casts and makes it feel like we are all part of one big cast. Here we are the last day in our rehearsal space. 
I has worked with two of these ladies before and there were several that I had wanted to work with for some time. We all created a supportive bond and had lots of fun in the process. 
We got to do some fun publicity. Here I am with Elise and Brooklyn for a photoshoot. 
Here we are again on our set filming a TV Morning show on KSL. 
Here we all are with our doubles (no you are not seeing double) on our costume parade day during tech week. 
Halfway through the run, the theatre does a "pie night" to celebrate the milestone.
Below are some pics from the show...
I had so many wonderful friends and family members that came. Here are some of the photos we took out in the lobby:
At one of our cast parties, we commissioned an artist to paint these magnolias for Larry as his director's gift. 
 Smiley
Goofy
For our final cast party, we did a Christmas theme since that is a part in the show. It was so fun. 
Wearing my tiara I stole from Ousier after the party. 
I will miss this group of ladies so much. I was in a very vulnerable place on stage every performance and they were right there with me. I love them so much and we now have friendships that will be with us for the rest of our lives.


Comments