Broadway Princess Party

 Ivy and I had the pleasure of going to the Broadway Princess Party! Notice Ivy's tiara that she purchased at the event. It is Anastasia's crown. I love its' simplicity. 
We had so much fun and enjoyed the performances of Susan Egan (Belle/Meg), Arielle Jacobs (Jasmine), Christy Altomare (Anastasia), and Laura Osnes (Cinderella).  
They were joined and accompanied by Benji Rauhala, this hilarious and talented guy who put the show together. Because of the performers busy schedules sometimes there are different people involved. It is like a revolving door of whoever is available. But you always get top notch Broadway performers.
 A good example of this was having Oyoyo Joi Bonner who made a special appearance and brought the house down. She is currently in the Book of Mormon on Broadway, but was in town for family reasons, so Benji invited her to come and sing a couple songs. Sorry, I didn't get a photo of her. 
The performers sang group songs and solos. I am sure they had to learn some of this quickly. Especially the group song harmonies. But then to learn the choreography. It was simple, but still, for it to looked polished and to have sit comfortably in your body you need to be experienced. Which all of these ladies were and I know they put in the time to prepare. These are the Act I dresses. It was in the outdoor Amphitheater in Sandy so it was "golden hour" when the show began and gradually got darker and the stage lights grew more apparent. 
These are their Act II dresses. They were all so professional and delightful with their banter. I am glad Ivy got to see them and be inspired. I know I was inspired. What a cool opportunity to see four (five including Oyoyo) Broadway leading ladies all in one performance.  

Comments