Ivy's Veteran's Day Concert

I had never been to the Veteran's Day Concert at the tabernacle. Ivy did it last year, but for some reason it was not on my radar. I thought it was some sort of field trip and didn't realize parents were invited. I snapped this photo as we were waiting in line for the concert. Golden hour at the temple. So gorgeous!
Here is a great photo I captured of the Assembly Hall. 
Here is the program. Once they open the doors to the tabernacle it is every man for himself. Chester and I found a great seat up in the balcony. It was awesome to see so many Veteran's there. At one point the MC asked what wars were represented in the audience. When we got to WWII there were still a few hands that went up. I got very emotional. Who am I kidding? I was emotional through most of the songs. They had this part where they sang all of the different types of military anthems and if you or a family member belonged to that branch of the military you stood up. Chester and I stood for the Army (my dad), the Air Force (my brother Aaron), and the Marines (my nephew JJ). The Army was the most represented. The Marines were the smallest group. More elite I suspect...
If you look really close you can see Ivy at the center of this photo. The choirs sounded so beautiful together and the military band that played with them was phenomenal. The choirs were from several high schools around the Salt Lake Valley. I was impressed how well they blended.
What a view! I never get tired of that organ pipe background. 
Governor Herbert got to lead Stars and Stripes. It was fun to see him up there. I bet it was a thrill for him. 

Overall it was a moving and well done concert. I haven't felt this kind of patriotism in a while. It was wonderful to be reminded of how blessed we are to live in this country, and to have everyday heroes amongst us in the military that sacrifice so much for us. I can't wait to attend this concert again next year! 


Comments